Polycarbonate plastic qualities include:
- 250x the impact resistance of glass and 30x stronger than acrylic
- Bullet resistant grades are available
- 88% light transmittance
- Less rigid and available in a variety of flexible grades
- Thermoplastic with a working temp of 240F continuous
- Low level of flammability
- Durable against chips and cracks
- Highly resistant to acids and other chemicals such as gasoline
- Sheets can be drilled without worry of cracking
Raw Polycarbonate Made in USA
Polycarbonate is sometimes called Lexan (trademarked name by GE Plastics) or Makrolon.
Available in sheets 2440mm (L) x 1220mm (W). Cutting is available (saw and CNC only), fees apply. No laser cutting or polishing.
Thickness: 2.0mm, 3.0mm, 4.5mm, 6.0mm, 10.0mm, 16.0mm, 18.0mm, 20.0mm
Density (G/CM3) = 1.20
Thickness tolerance: +-0.1mm if thickness <3mm. +-0.2mm if thickness <5mm. +-0.3mm is thickness <10mm.
Pick up item only, otherwise a quote can be arranged for freight.
Trade pricing available for bulk quantities, send us an email for a quote.